Take Action Against Medical Professionals Who Cut Corners
Attorney W. Scott Sonntag can help you take action. His legal practice is devoted exclusively to representing medical malpractice accident victims in Maryland and nationwide. If you were injured or lost a loved one because of a medical provider's negligent actions, you need an experienced lawyer in your corner. Medical providers in Columbia, Baltimore, Washington, D.C., and beyond have the resources to try and mitigate their exposure to risk. Contact our medical malpractice attorney to learn how he can help level the playing field in your favor.
Experience Matters in Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
Many attorneys handle personal injury claims but not every lawyer has the skills, resources and experience to take on a niche personal injury claim for victims of medical malpractice. This complicated area of the law requires an attorney who understands the law and the medical issues involved.
Attorney W. Scott Sonntag's professional background has proven to be a tremendous asset to his clients for more than 30 years. His first 17 years practicing law were devoted to medical malpractice defense. His experience defending doctors, hospitals and HMOs has helped him become highly successful in pursuing medical malpractice claims against doctors and other medical providers. Mr. Sonntag knows firsthand how the other side works and is highly successful at helping his clients obtain a full financial recovery.
Trial-Tested Handling All Types of Medical Malpractice Claims
Attorney Scott Sonntag's experience covers all areas of medical malpractice, such as:
- Birth injuries
- Misdiagnosis of cancer and failure to diagnose other diseases
- Surgical errors
- Emergency room errors
Scott Sonntag has tried more than 200 medical malpractice cases and reached settlements in thousands more. His comprehensive background has proven to be advantageous for several reasons, including:
- There is no substitute for the knowledge gained by taking numerous, diverse cases all the way through trial.
- Mr. Sonntag has built close, productive relationships with many outstanding physicians across a full range of medical specialties.
- Our law practice has earned credibility with many defense attorneys and insurance companies.
Recognized Skills, Integrity and Dedication to Clients
Mr. Sonntag has been recognized with numerous awards throughout his career, including:
- Annually named one of The Best Lawyers in America* since 2007
- Annually named to "Best Law Firms"* since 2007
- Voted as a Top 100 Lawyer By Super Lawyers Since 2007
- Earned an AV Preeminent** Peer Review Rating and listed in Martindale-Hubbell's Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Trial Lawyer of the Year in 2006 by Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
Our law firm also provides professional, objective mediation services in complex medical malpractice lawsuits. Mr. Sonntag's experience on both sides of medical malpractice claims enables him to remain neutral and skillfully work to achieve resolutions that both sides can live with.
Experience Matters — Contact Our Columbia Medical Malpractice Attorney
Our law firm is focused, has been devoted to helping people heal and rebuild their lives for years. We have the skills and legal resources to maximize your financial recovery. Contact our law firm today for a free initial consultation. We are committed to delivering experienced results to clients in the Baltimore and Washington, D.C., metro areas from our law offices in Columbia, Maryland.
*The Best Lawyers in America and US News "Best Law Firms" 2007-Current ® 2009. Copyright 2007 by Woodward/White, Inc., Aiken, SC.
**AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.