Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Columbia
When we need emergency care, diagnosis of a health problem or a medical procedure, we put our trust in trained professionals. Concern is natural, but in the great majority of situations our trust is rewarded with favorable results. When things go wrong, however, they can go tragically wrong.
Experience Matters When Dealing With Medical Malpractice Claims
The financial and emotional costs of a medical error can seem insurmountable. If you believe a doctor, nurse or other medical provider’s negligence caused serious injury to you or a family member — or resulted in the death of your loved one — attorney W. Scott Sonntag can help you take action. He has more than 30 years of experience and will take every measure possible to help you obtain a full financial recovery.
He has secured favorable settlement for clients with all types of medical malpractice claims, including:
- Birth-related injuries such as Erb’s palsy, cerebral palsy (CP) and infections
- Medical injuries to children such as delayed diagnosis and anesthesia errors
- Brain injuries and damage related to undiagnosed tumors, oxygen deprivation and other causes
- Surgical mistakes such as objects left behind and operating on the wrong part of the body
- Emergency room mistakes such as failure to monitor patients or failure to diagnose a stroke
- Anesthesia mistakes and other significant medication errors such as administering the wrong dose or prescribing the wrong drug
- Misdiagnosing cancer, misdiagnosing a heart condition, delayed diagnosis of a stroke and similar mistakes
- Failure to diagnose or treat a medical condition or disease such as pulmonary embolism, cancer or diabetes
- Fatal malpractice claims involving the wrongful death of a loved one due to medical negligence
Just because the results weren’t what you expected, it doesn’t mean you have a claim to pursue. Attorney Scott Sonntag doesn’t want you to go through the hassle of pursuing a claim, unless he has every reason to believe you have a case to make. Contact his law firm in Columbia, Maryland, for a free consultation. He will analyze the facts of your case to determine the best direction to take.
Pursuing Maximum Compensation for Victims of Medical Malpractice
At the Law Offices of W. Scott Sonntag, P.A., we keep our focus on what really matters: you, your family’s future, and helping you find closure and peace of mind.
Scott Sonntag has delivered unwavering support for clients put at risk from medical providers’ negligent actions. Over the three decades, he has tried over 200 cases.
Before focusing exclusively on protecting accident victims’ rights, attorney Scott Sonntag defended doctors, nurses and other medical providers accused of negligence. He also has a strong background acting as a neutral, third-party mediator to help parties in dispute resolve medical malpractice claims.
Based on his comprehensive background, attorney Scott Sonntag has gained credibility in the legal, medical and insurance communities of Washington, D.C., and Baltimore, Maryland. Opposing parties know to take him seriously when going up against him. Because of this, he is highly successful in helping his client obtain maximum compensation for all the expenses related to medical malpractice claims.
Proving Fault in Medical Malpractice: A Complex Challenge
Plaintiffs in medical malpractice cases have a heavy burden of proof. In jurisdictions across the United States, this challenge has increased substantially in recent years. Obtaining financial redress almost always requires the testimony of qualified medical professionals, to demonstrate that:
- Accepted, applicable standard of care was violated or “breached”
- Different action, or avoiding whatever error may have occurred, would have resulted in a different outcome
As a former defense lawyer, attorney Scott Sonntag can often anticipate the defense strategy opposing parties will make. His biggest leverage is working with industry-leading experts who can counter the arguments a defense team could make. All of his medical malpractice claims are prepared with enough evidence to prove fault in trial. This often prompts defense teams to make reasonable settlements and avoid going up against us in trial.
Contact Our Anesthesia Errors Attorney for a Free Consultation
We welcome any calls from clients seeking dependable guidance on suspected medical malpractice and the potential for legal action. We offer free initial consultations and handle medical malpractice cases on a contingency basis. This means you will owe us nothing, unless we successfully recover compensation for you. Contact our law firm today to meet with attorney Scott Sonntag at one of our law offices in Columbia. We are here to help you in Maryland, Washington, D.C., and beyond.